What caught my attention about fermented rice water rinse was that it was so easy to make and it did not require buying any extra products... I ALWAYS have rice in the pantry! (shout out to all the rice lovers).
Fermented rice water has been used for centuries by women in China, Japan and Southeast Asia for hair care. The Yao women from China are famed for their average hair length of about 6 inches. I mean!! they hold the Guinness Book of World Records for the "World's Longest hair Village". Even the International Journal of Cosmetic Science published a research on rice water rinses.
What Fermented Rice water is said to do:
- Improves Shine
- Improves Elasticity
- Improves moisture retention
- Strengthens hair
What i observed with using Fermented Rice water rinse:
- It makes my hair SUPER SOFT
- My hair elasticity has increased, my hair is very springy and the shrinkage is REAL!!
How i use Fermented rice water rinse:
- After washing and conditioning my hair, i pour the rice water over my hair.
- allow it sit for 3-5 mins.
- Rinse out the rice water with clean water.
How to make Fermented Rice water:
You will need Rice!! lol
- Wash rice with tap water for a few minutes.
- Boil rice.
- Strain rice water.
- Transfer rice water to an airtight container
- Allow to ferment for 1 day or 2 days.
- Dilute before use
For visual instructions check out
NappyFu TV or Discovering Natural they are both Nigerians with 4b/c hair and i admire the effort they put into making their vlogs very informative.